Regional Chapter of ISCB will cover all Zonal Chapters. Focus will be on:
- Spreading scientific information in Chemistry and Biology among School Children, particularly of rural areas.
- Imparting training to School, College and University teachers for effective teaching of the above subjects.
- Creation of nodal centres at Colleges and University Departments for imparting practical training to Secondary and Post-Secondary students of rural areas.
- To provide interface to experts in Chemistry and Biology by organizing conferences/symposia.
- To organize lectures by eminent subject experts in Chemistry and Biology for School, College, University teachers as well as students at all the levels.
- To organize workshops for research students, research supervisors and teachers for project formulations, synopsis writing, paper writing, effective report writing and public speech.
- To develop low cost effective methods for practical learning with minimum resources and providing know-how to school and colleges with meagre resources.
- Demonstration of practical exercises for conceptual learning through models, audio-visuals, quick experiments using mobile laboratory.
- The overall objective of the society is to motivate students as well as teachers at all the levels about conceptual learning of Chemistry and Biology. The “Sciencetization Mission” will take care of creating scientific temper among rural students and society in general.
- To publish a Newsletter of the activitites of the sub-centre of ISCB.